1st Cycle (Bachelor Degree)
Thank you for your interest in Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre!
How to Apply
The first stage
Until 1st of April a candidate who intends to enrol in the proposed study programme must submit to the Academy’s Admission Department by mail, personally, or through an authorized person, the following:
- application form;
- 1 photo;
- video recording in DVD format.
The second stage
After the evaluation of the Foreigner’s ability to take the entrance examinations, until 1 June the Academy’s Admission Department sends to the entrant a written invitation to take the entrance examinations.
Until 15th of June Entrants shall submit to the Admission Committee:
- documents (originals) witnessing secondary education or their copies certified by a Notary Public;
- certificate issued by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education concerning equivalents of subjects and transfer of grades (www.skvc.lt);
- copy of an order of the Minister of Education and Science concerning recognition of the qualification gained in a foreign country;
- copy of passport (or ID);
- Housing Application Form (if needed);
EU citizens shall be admitted in the same order as citizens of the Republic of Lithuania. Information on entrance examinations shall be available in the Admission Committee. Calculating a competitive grade for holders of foreign qualifications instead of musicology secondary school examination or music state examination for the school-leaving certificate an average mark is formed from music subjects indicated in the documents of education acquired.
In case not all the presented documents have been issued in the same surname (first name) - a copy of a document attesting the change of the surname (first name) certified by a Notary Public. Foreigners of Lithuanian descent, additionally – a document witnessing their Lithuanian descent from the Lithuanian community in the respective country. Certificate about a passed Lithuanian language credit test, if in the certificate concerning equivalents of subjects and transfer of grades it is prescribed that a person has to take a Lithuanian language credit test – when entering programmes in the Lithuanian language. Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
The third stage
The candidates who receive a written invitation are required to attend and take the entrance examinations. The requirements of the entrance examinations can be found on the Academy’s website Entry requirements.
Deadlines for application:
- 1st of April for non-EU citizens;
- 15th of May for EU citizens.
Upon entrance to the Academy, conditions to study in English or Russian languages shall be established.
For more questions please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.