History of the Faculty of Music
Since 1933 the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre has trained highly-qualified artists for more than eighty years. The Kaunas Conservatoir (founded in 1933) and the Vilnius Conservatoir (founded in 1945) were merged into the Lithuanian State Conservatoir (1949), which was renamed the Lithuanian Academy of Music in 1992, and in 2004 it became the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre (LMTA).
First LMTA faculties as structural units were formed in 1949. The recent structure of two faculties (Faculty of Music and Faculty of Theatre and Film) established in 2011. The Faculty of Music consists of 20 Departments and delivers 13 study programmes.