(English) Visa/Temporary Residence Permit
All incoming students who are planning to stay in Lithuania for longer than 90 days must arrange for a Temporary Residence Permit. The following must be submitted:
- copy of your passport
- completed application form (available at the Migration office)
- European health insurance card or private insurance (plus an additional copy of this document)
- certificate of enrolment at LMTA (issued by the Erasmus coordinator or international student coordinator)
- proof of your monthly income (certificate establishing your Erasmus scholarship or confirmation from your bank about the deposit in your account)
- declaration that you have sufficient resources to support yourself (resources may come from your parents, spouse, university, government, etc., at least 116 EUR/month)
Students must submit the required documents to the Migration Department in Vilnius, address: Naugarduko g. 100, Vilnius, Office of Temporary Residence Permits. In the first week of their arrival in Lithuania, all foreign students are requested to go to the Migration Department and start the residence permit application procedure.
Non-EU citizens must obtain a Lithuanian entrance visa (visa D) at the nearest Lithuanian Embassy, prior to their departure for Lithuania. Read more about visa requirements at the Migration Department homepage www.migracija.lt and/or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs homepage www.urm.lt (consular information).
For more information, please contact the LMTA student coordinators:
Giedrė Antanavičienė (Erasmus/Nordplus students)
Indrė Slavinskienė (international students)