Lecturer at the LMTA Department of Film and Television. Subjects: Sound Directing and Recording, Audio Technologies, Orchestra and Score. Languages: Russian (C1), English (B2).
Laura Jurgelionytė (1977) ir a sound director. In 2002, she graduated from the LMTA with an MA in Sound Directing and a professional qualification of an audiovisual art director. In the same year, she took part in master classes for composers and sound directors in Tampere (Finland).
Sound director Laura Jurgelionytė started her professional career in 1999 and since then has worked with various recording studios. For the last eight years, she has worked on an individual basis with many Lithuanian and foreign musicians, composers, and ensembles. Although Laura Jurgelionytė works with music belonging to a wide range of styles and genres, she specialises in recording classical music, especially vocal performances, choral music, and music performed by symphony and chamber orchestras.
In 2008, Laura Jurgelionytė joined the teaching team of her alma mater to share her professional experience with students.
In 2006 in Germany, the recordings of the CD La note d’Or featuring Verena Rein (soprano, Germany), Čiurlionis String Quartet (Lithuania), and Sergej Okruško (piano, Lithuania) made by sound director Laura Jurgelionytė were highly evaluated.
Laura Jurgelionytė has worked with many famous people belonging to the world of art and music. Among them are conductors Juozas Domarkas, Donatas Katkus, Gintaras Rinkevičius, Modestas Pitrėnas, Povilas Gylys, and Romualdas Gražinis; soloists Asta Krikščiūnaitė, Virgilijus Noreika, Vytautas Juozapaitis, Edmundas Seilius, and Rita Novikaitė; composers Feliksas Bajoras, Faustas Latėnas, Bronius Kutavičius, and Giedrius Puskunigis; and pianists Petras Geniušas, Dalia Balsytė, Rokas Zubovas, and many other performers and creators.
The recordings by Laura Jurgelionytė were released by foreign recording companies such as, among others:
- Europ & Art: Integral distribution (2006) L’oeuvre pour flûte featuring composer Yuko Uebayashi (France), Jean Ferrandis (flute, France), St. Christopher Chamber Orchestra (Lithuania), and conductor Donatas Katkus (Lithuania);
- Naxos (2012) Symphony Nos. 7 and 8 by composer Alla Pavlova (the USA) performed by the Lithuanian State Symphony Orchestra, artistic director and conductor Gintaras Rinkevičius, Saulė Rinkevičiūtė (violin solo);
- ECM Records (2013) String Paths by composer Dobrinka Tabakova (UK), Maxim Rysanov (viola, conductor, Ukraine, UK), Kristina Blaumane (cello, Latvia, UK), the Lithuanian Chamber Orchestra;
- Toccata Classics (2010) Piano Quintet No. 1 & No. 2 by Friedrich Gernsheim featuring Edouard Oganessian (piano, France) and Art Vio String Quartet (Lithuania);
- Toccata Classics (2020) Symphony No. 21 by composer Fridrich Bruk (Ukraine, Finland) performed by the Lithuanian State Symphony Orchestra, conductor Māris Kupčs.