STUDIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF WORK PROCESS AT LMTA DURING THE QUARANTINE PERIOD
16 MARCH 2020
Considering the situation developed due to the spread of coronavirus, quarantine was announced throughout the territory of the Republic of Lithuania from 16 to 30 March 2020. Following the requirements of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, all the LMTA buildings located in Vilnius, except the Central Building (Gedimino Ave. 42), will be closed. The students and teachers will not be allowed into the LMTA premises for independent practice.
Information for the students and teaching staff
To ensure the continuity of the learning process, all the studies during the quarantine period are to be transferred onto a virtual learning environment and will be conducted via distance learning mode:
- All the theory classes that can be accessed by LMTA Moodle learning environment are to be conducted in the distance learning mode according to the curriculum.
- From 16 March, LMTA has announced the period of preparation for distance learning mode for the teachers who do not have access to LMTA Moodle environment. Detailed information and support will be provided through the Dean’s offices. The teaching staff will be contacted personally too.
- The staff who teach theory classes to small groups of students may also choose different forms of distance learning that will ensure the implementation of the learning outcomes.
- Practical sessions should be organised via distance learning mode by employing all possible ways of distant communication that each teacher can choose individually.
- Within the period of transferring the study process onto the virtual learning environment, the faculty deans will be responsible for the efficient communication among the teaching staff and IT specialists.
- Taking into consideration the given situation and circumstances, the dates of interim tests and examinations specified earlier in the LMTA academic calendar will be adjusted following the regulations issued by the deans and approved by Vice-Rector for Studies.
All the information related to the changes to be made to the LMTA academic calendar will be forwarded to the teaching staff and students to their e-mail addresses assigned by the Academy.
Information regarding the work of the administrative staff
Where possible, the administrative staff of all the LMTA units will work remotely and can be accessed during LMTA office hours by email addresses indicated on the website.
The heads of units are in charge of facilitating the internal communication and keeping all the LMTA staff informed regarding the work process and other relevant issues.
The information will be continuously updated on the LMTA website.