LMTA Research Development Strategy
RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY 2022–2030 OF THE LITHUANIAN ACADEMY OF MUSIC AND THEATRE
The Research Development Strategy 2030 of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre (hereinafter referred to as the Strategy) has been formulated in view of national progress strategies, strategic provisions of the European Research Area and the vision for development as set out in the LMTA Strategy 2020–2030: “LMTA’2030 vision: an open and creative academic art and research community that inspires breakthroughs in culture and creates value.”
The Strategy 2020–2030 of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre sets out the following priorities: 1. SUSTAINABLE ACTIVITIES. 2. INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL. 3. PERVASIVE CULTURE, and defines the guidelines for the LMTA research or related activities:
- ensure the sustainable development of culture and art research;
- promote science and artistic research at international level;
- bring together a creative community of researchers and create conditions for academic leadership;
- strengthen infrastructure favourable to research;
- participate in the shaping of the national policy on artistic education, culture and science.
Considering the nature of the studies delivered at the LMTA, great researchers’ potential as well as the needs and expectations of society, the following priority areas of scientific research at the Academy have been defined:
- Research into Lithuanian music, performing and screen arts;
- Research and dissemination of musical folklore and intangible cultural heritage;
- Interdisciplinary art research;
- Art in the discourse of social sciences: educational science and management (20th – early 21st century);
- Art interpretation and development of artistic research.
Approved by Resolution No 8-SN of the Senate of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre of 21 December 2022.