RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS
The Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre is authorised by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania to perform recognition of foreign qualifications, which is part of the admission procedure.
The academic value of the foreign qualification is assessed by comparing the foreign qualification with a similar same level qualification awarded in Lithuania according to the following criteria:
- learning outcomes
The recognition procedure determines whether a foreign qualification complies with the requirements imposed for the corresponding qualification in Lithuania and whether the foreign qualification entitles the candidate to apply for the corresponding study cycle.
Qualifications are assessed within one month of receipt of all documents. If the assessment is delayed for reasons beyond the control of the applicant, the applicant will be notified by e-mail.
An applicant who does not agree with the decision of LMTA on the academic recognition of a foreign qualification may, within 14 calendar days from the receipt of the decision, appeal to the Academic Recognition of Foreign Qualifications Concerning Higher Education Appeal Committee under the Lithuanian Ministry of Education and Science.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE AT THE LITHUANIAN ACADEMY OF MUSIC AND THEATRE FOR ACADEMIC RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS RELATED TO HIGHER EDUCATION AND OBTAINED BY COMPLETING EDUCATION IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES AND AT INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCUMENTS
Applicants who need academic recognition of foreign qualifications must submit an application form and scanned copies of the documents* required for academic recognition of foreign qualifications before submitting an entry application.
The application and the scanned copies of the documents* have to be sent by e-mail email@example.com
The application must contain the following information and be submitted along with the scanned copies of the documents below:
- contact information
- a confirmation that the information provided is true and correct
- a scanned copy of an identity document
- a document certifying foreign qualifications or other corresponding documents verifying the applicant’s obtained education. If the LMTA cannot consider the documents validating the applicant’s education submitted in the original language, the applicant has to submit the documents translated into Lithuanian, English, or Russian language, and the translation must be officially verified by the translation agency
- a certificate of assessment of the applicant’s level of English, Russian, or Lithuanian language depending on the language of instruction of the study programme the applicant is applying for. If the language of instruction of the study programme the applicant is applying for is the applicant’s mother tongue, the applicant does not have to submit the certificate. The applicants for postgraduate level studies must have the level of English specified in the entry requirements: CEFR C1 (Advanced): IELTS– level 7, TOEFL – 110-120
- document(s) certifying the change of the applicant’s name and/or surname if the documents validating foreign qualifications are issued under a different name
- additional documents validating the applicant’s level of education
- additional proof of compliance with the established requirements for admission to the corresponding study programme
- a confirmation that the LMTA has the right to contact third parties. LMTA might contact the document issuing authority and/or national ENIC/NARIC (SKVC) centre for more information about the presented qualification
Qualifications of war refugees are examined in accordance with the Recommendation on the recognition of refugees.
Persons who have completed the European Baccalaureate Diploma do not need to apply to the SKVC. Qualifications issued in Estonia and Latvia from 2019 are recognised automatically. More information
Please note, that all scans of documents must be made from original documents.
The application is not considered if the applicant fails to submit all the required documents or fails to submit the application by the set deadline.
Requirements for submission of documents may vary by country. For more information, please see Country-Specific Requirements.
The examination of the application is free of charge.
In 2021, the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre made 1 academic recognition decision.
Academic recognition at the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre is performed by the Department of Academic Affairs.
Phone: +370 650 68648
Address: Gediminas Ave. 42, 01110 Vilnius, Lithuania