RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS
The Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre is authorised by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania to perform recognition of foreign qualifications, which is part of the admission procedure.
The academic value of the foreign qualification is assessed by comparing the foreign qualification with a similar same level qualification awarded in Lithuania according to the following criteria:
- learning outcomes
The recognition procedure determines whether a foreign qualification complies with the requirements imposed for the corresponding qualification in Lithuania and whether the foreign qualification entitles the candidate to apply for the corresponding study cycle.
Qualifications are assessed within one month of receipt of all documents. If the assessment is delayed for reasons beyond the control of the applicant, the applicant will be notified by e-mail.
An applicant who does not agree with the decision of LMTA on the academic recognition of a foreign qualification may, within 14 calendar days from the receipt of the decision, appeal to the Academic Recognition of Foreign Qualifications Concerning Higher Education Appeal Committee under the Lithuanian Ministry of Education and Science.
DESCRIPTOR OF THE LITHUANIAN ACADEMY OF MUSIC AND THEATRE PROCEDURE FOR ACADEMIC RECOGNITION OF EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS RELATED TO HIGHER EDUCATION AND OBTAINED BY COMPLETING EDUCATION PROGRAMMES AT FOREIGN COUNTRIES AND INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCUMENTS
- personal data; contact information;
- declaration that the information provided is true and correct;
- a scanned copy of an identity document;
- a document certifying a foreign qualification or other equivalent documents; if the LMTA does not have the
- opportunity to examine the educational documents in the original language, its translation into Lithuanian, English or Russian must be submitted, and officially approved by the translation agency;
- certificate in the level of English or Russian language proficiency (at least B1). Those, who apply for the third study cycle are required C1 knowledge of English;
- a document certifying the change of name and/or surname if the documents of education are issued in a different name and/or surname;
- additional documents certifying the level of education;
additional documents proving compliance with the established requirements for admission to the relevant study programme;
- confirmation, that the documents submitted are correct, truthful and complete and that LMTA can verify the authenticity and accuracy of the provided documents. LMTA might contact the document issuing authority and/or national ENIC/NARIC (SKVC) centre for more information about the presented qualification.
Please note, that all scans of documents must be made from original documents.
Requirements for submission of documents may vary by country. For more information, please see Country-Specific Requirements.
Academic recognition at the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre is performed by the Department of Academic Affairs.
Phone: +370 650 68648
Address: Gedimino Ave. 42, 01110 Vilnius, Lithuania