REQUIREMENTS FOR FULL-TIME ARTISTIC DOCTORATE STUDIES (MUSIC)
CONTENT OF COMPETITION FOR ADMISSION TO DOCTORAL STUDIES (MUSIC)
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR FULL-TIME HISTORY AND THEORY OF ARTS DOCTORAL STUDIES 2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
Dates and Deadlines
|Application documents must be submitted.||5-6 of September 2023
Admission documents are submitted in one pdf. by e-mail (email@example.com)
|Admission commission meeting (applicant’s participation is obligatory).||15th of September 2023, 9 am|
|The announcement of admission results.||15th of September 2023, 5 pm|
|Reception of appeals.||18th September 2023|
|The announcement of the list of the invited to doctoral studies.||20th of September 2023|
- Application to the VAA rector;
- A copy of Master diploma and diploma supplement in the original language, with the certified translation to English or Lithuanian (Documents issued in English or Lithuanian do not require a translation).
Please be advised that applicants with foreign qualifications, acquired outside Lithuania, will undergo mandatory academic recognition of these qualifications. Detailed procedure and requirements can be found in Academic recognition section.
Vilnius Academy of Arts (VAA) has been granted the right by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sports of the Republic of Lithuania to recognize foreign qualifications of its international applicants for the purposes of further studies at VAA. Recognition of foreign qualifications at VAA is accomplished by the International Relations Office.
- Letters of recommendation of two recognized scientists (2023);
- CV and description of scientific activity;
- Scientific research project (in English or Lithuanian languages about 40000 characters); Dissertation project should be related to scientific researches carried out in Academy of Arts; The project must be assigned to the main research field (The list of 2023 themes will be published at the end of March/April 2023. 2022 LIST is now available);
- List and copies of scientific publications;
- A copy of ID or passport;
- A copy of a document certifying the change of name and/or surname if not all the documents submitted are under the same name and/or surname;
- Receipt of admission fee;
- Consent regarding processing of personal data.
Admission fee payment, account requisites
Admission fee is 30 EUR
Vilniaus dailės akademija
Legal entity (VAA) code 111950439
Account no. LT44 7300 0100 0245 5498
Bank code 73000
The title of the entrance fee should be: stojamoji imoka i doktorantura+applicant’s name.
In case admission fee is paid not to VAA account the application is not considered. If an applicant withdraws the documents, the admission fee is not refunded.
Competition grade formula
Competition grade consists of the evaluation of the scientific research project (Mtp), interview (Pk) and average grades of publications (Mpb).
Ʃ – competition grade
Ʃ = 0,5Mtp + 0,3Pk + 0,2Mpb
Structure of the competition grade
The Admissions Committee uses a ten-point system to assess the candidate’s submissions: research project, publications, and suitability for research, motivation to pursue the chosen research problem, and research experience, as revealed during the interview. If the candidates have the same score, preference will be given to the letters of recommendation provided. Only applicants with a competition score of at least 7 may apply for the PhD programme.
The applicant’s publications will be scored according to the attached table. The total sum of the points shall be converted into a ten-point system as follows: the sum of the points of the highest scoring applicant (Tmax) shall be equal to 10 points. Tmax divided by 10 gives the constant -k (k = Tmax/10). The sum of the points scored by the other competitors divided by the constant k gives the applicant’s score for scientific publications (rounded to the nearest hundredth of a number).
Type of scientific work
|Unit of work scope||Unit value in points per unit of work scope|
|1.||Scientific publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.||unit||10|
|2.||Scientific publication in a cultural or professional journal.||unit||7|
Students admitted to state-funded places of doctoral studies receive a scholarship of the amount established by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania during the period of studies from 10 488 EUR to 12 144 EUR per year.
Students admitted to state-funded positions are exempted of the tuition fee. Self-funded doctoral students pay the tuition fee that is 11 589 euros per year.